South Coatesville Police
Greetings South Coatesville Borough Residents and Vistors,
Welcome to the South Coatesville Police website. Upon my appointment as the Chief of Police for the Borough of South Coatesville in April of 2017, the following set of priorities were adopted in an effort to guide the police department:
1. Restoring Public Trust By:
- Connecting with the public through personal contact and interaction with residents and businesses of South Coatesville.
- Bringing over 20 years of professional law enforcement experience and management to the South Coatesville Police Department.
- Increasing officer presence to ensure that residents feel safe in their own neighborhood.
- Actively investigating crime, not just documenting it, and apprehending those who commit crimes.
2. Restore Pride and Professionalism in the South Coatesville Police Department By:
- Providing strong leadership through guidance, direction, supervision and by setting an example.
- Improving Officer appearance by implementing and enforcing a uniform policy which requires consistency and a neat and professional appearance, which includes a Class A uniform and a tie.
- Emphasizing the importance of a positive attitude and demeanor when dealing with the public, other agencies and with Borough officials.
- Accentuating the importance of professional written communication and instructing them on how to express themselves in a clear, concise and efficient manner through professional written correspondence and effective report writing.
- Encouraging Officers to take advantage of training opportunities which will not only enhance their knowledge, skills and professionalism but will also enhance and improve our department’s service to the residents of South Coatesville.
The goal of the South Coatesville Police Department is to continually improve our services to the general public, particularly the residents of South Coatesville, and to enhance the safety and security of the public. In keeping with our department’s Vision, Mission, and Value, our department will continue to protect and serve the public in a progressive and efficient manner, while promoting officer safety. Please remember, police officers are not only paid for what they do but also for what they “might” have to do, which includes laying down their life to protect another.
~ Chief Kevin Pierce
PURPOSE & GOALS
Law enforcement is a many faceted profession. As such, the South Coatesville Police Department (SCPD) is a many faceted organization with several purposes.
The primary purpose of the SCPD is the protection of life and property for the residents of the Boroughs of South Coatesville and Modena regardless race, color, creed, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, national origin or financial status. This protection is provided by the fair and equitable enforcement of the laws of the United States of America, the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and the Ordinances of the Boroughs of South Coatesville and Modena.
The SCPD will strive to render aid to those in need and provide, when possible, all appropriate services to not only borough residents, but to any person who is in need and to provide effective leadership, training, public education, and professional growth to its citizens.
Through diligent patrol, the SCPD will endeavor to identify, pursue and apprehend offenders, maintain a proactive patrol attitude in order to reduce the opportunity to commit crime, interact with the citizenry, maintain order, provide miscellaneous police services, and to ensure the safe and expeditious movement of vehicular traffic on public roadways.
The SCPD shall strive to provide a working environment and career opportunities for its employees so that services are provided with integrity, professionalism, mutual respect, and concern. The SCPD is comprised of dedicated officers committed to exceeding the highest standards of professionalism and personal ethics.
On the occasion when an officer is not available, the Boroughs of South Coatesville and Modena are served by the Pennsylvania State Police, Embreeville Station. It is the Department’s goal to provide citizens a safe community in which to live, work and travel. A partnership built upon leadership, performance, sensitivity, integrity, accountability and high ideals.
Some Photos of our Vehicles & Officers
POLICEMAN'S PRAYER TO ST. MICHAEL
St. Michael, Heaven's glorious Commissioner of Police, who once so neatly and successfully cleared God's premises of all it's undesirables, look with kindly and professional eye on your earthly force. Give us cool heads, stout hearts, hard punches, an uncanny flair for investigation, and wise judgment. Make us the terror of burglars, the friend of children and law-abiding citizens, kind to strangers, polite to bores, strict with law-breakers, and impervious to temptations. You know, St. Michael, from your own experiences with the devil, that the policeman's lot on Earth is not always a happy one; but your sense of duty that so pleased God, your hard knocks that so surprised the devil, and your angelic self-control give us inspiration. And when we lay down our night sticks, enroll us in your Heavenly Force, where we will be as proud to guard the throne of God, as we have been to guard the city of men.